Autumn is a beautiful time of the year. But with autumn comes the "great leaf clean up". Residents can assist by doing the following:
- Refrain from raking leaves and grass clippings in to the streets which contributes to clogging and blocked storm sewers. The blockage prevents properly drained roadways.
- The City provides a compost facility where City residents can bring their yard waste. The compost site is located at 901 West Locust Street and is open seven days a week during daylight hours year round.
- Please be patient as City crews make their way around the streets to clean up leaves.
- Autumn is a good time to plant trees. If you are interested in learning more about planting trees or the City's forestry program, please visit this webpage.
- Residents may also want to consider marking their boulevard edges with markers to help give snowplow drivers a visual for curb edges.
- Reminder: odd/even parking on resumes on November 1 and runs nightly through March 31. This is enforced between 1 - 6 a.m. Vehicles must be parked on the odd numbered side of the street on odd dates and even numbered side on even dates, unless other no parking regulations are in effect during that time. Thank you for your help in advance!