Upcoming Election Schedules
Polling Places open at 7:00 am and close at 8:00 pm.
- Spring Primary Election - February 18
- Spring General Election - April 7
- Special Election* - May 12
- Fall Primary Election - Tuesday, Aug. 11
- Presidential Election - Tuesday, Nov. 3
* Special Election is for St. Croix County Residents Only
Please note: the City of River Falls processes all absentee ballots received at a Central Count Location. Absentee ballots are NOT accepted at polling locations. You may return your absentee ballot to the Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 222 Lewis Street, River Falls, WI 54022 by mail or personal delivery on or before the close of polls on Election Day.
Partisan Primary - August 11, 2020
The results for the Partisan Primary for St. Croix County residence can be found on St. Croix County’s website here.
The results for the Partisan Primary for Pierce County residence can be found on Pierce County’s website here.
The Number of Absentee Ballots Issued, Returned and Outstanding by Close of Polls on Election Day will be posted here by no later than 10 pm., on Election Day:
Absentee Ballots Issued: 2521
Absentee Ballots Returned: 1995
Absentee Ballots Outstanding: 524
Absentee Voting in Residential Care Facilities *Due to COVID-19 Special Voting Deputies will not be visiting Care Facilities. Instead these voter will be mailed ballots.
PUBLIC NOTICE REGARDING SCHEDULED RESIDENTIAL CARE FACILITIES VOTING
|Kinni Health & Rehab|
1663 E Division St
119 Union St
|Comforts of Home|
2348 Aurora Cir
- Spring Primary Election - Tuesday, Feb. 16
- Spring Election - Tuesday, Apr. 6
- Spring Primary Election - Tuesday, Feb. 15
- Spring Election - Tuesday, Apr. 5
- Fall Primary Election - Tuesday, Aug. 9
- General Election - Tuesday, Nov. 8
Regularly Scheduled Elections
Primary held on the third Tuesday in February to nominate non-partisan candidates to be voted for at the Spring Election.
State Statute 5.02(22)
Election held on the first Tuesday in April to elect judicial, educational, and municipal officers, and non-partisan county officers, and to express preferences for the person to be the presidential candidate for each party in presidential election years.
State Statute 5.02(21)
Primary held in even-numbered years on the second Tuesday in August, to nominate candidates to be voted for at the General Election, and to determine which candidates for state offices other than district attorney may participate in the Wisconsin election campaign fund.
State Statute 5.02(12s)
Election held in even-numbered years on the Tuesday after the first Monday in November to elect United States senators, representatives to congress, presidential electors, state senators, representatives to the assembly, district attorneys, state officers other than the state superintendent and judicial officers, and county officers other than supervisors and county executives.
State Statute 5.02(5)
- District 1, Ward 1-4, 15 – River Falls Library, Lower Level Meeting Room
- District 1, Ward 5 – River Falls Library, Lower Level Meeting Room
- District 2, Wards 9-11 – UWRF, Falcon Center
- District 3, Wards 6-8 – River Falls City Hall, Lower Level Training Room
- District 4, Wards 12-14 – River Falls High School, Media Center
A map of the districts and wards can be found here.
The City Clerk administers all aspects of the electoral and voting process in the City of River Falls, and is charged with ensuring the electoral process is fair, accurate, impartial, and conducted in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
A reminder to all our residents: The City Clerk’s Office does not mail voter registration or absentee voting applications unless requested. You may receive various mailings from groups mass mailing applications. Many times the applications are not current or do not contain all the necessary requirements.