The City of River Falls, WI, is accepting proposals from artists or teams of artists who would like to be considered for an exterior installation located at the City’s power plant substation, 401 South Winter Street. The substation is adjacent to the City’s historic power plant building along the Kinnickinnic River.
The project is part of a percent for art program established by the City Council to enhance the quality of life for residents and visitors. The goals of the program are to:
• Increase the understanding and enjoyment of public art by River Falls residents
• Promote public interaction with public spaces
• Provide unusual and challenging employment opportunities for artists
• Encourage collaborations between artists and architects, and artists and engineers
• Support artist participation in planning public projects
Proposals submitted: September 17, 2021, 5 p.m.
Notification: October 4, 2021
Installation goal: December 31, 2021
Questions? Email Jason Stroud.