Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information: March 9, 2020
A person has tested positive for COVID-19 in Pierce County. See the statement from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services for more information (link below).
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information: March 3, 2020
The City of River Falls has been working closely with key community partners to prepare should the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) spread to our area. The response is being led by Pierce and St. Croix County Public Health Departments, which are working in close coordination with the City of River Falls, as well as local clinics, hospitals, and schools.
We want to emphasize that risk of COVID-19 currently remains low among Wisconsin residents. We advise community members to use reliable sources to obtain information about the virus. Here are several:
We urge community members to do their part in preventing the spread of respiratory illnesses by doing the following:
- Voluntary home isolation: Stay home when you are sick with respiratory disease symptoms. At the present time, these symptoms are more likely due to influenza or other respiratory viruses than to COVID-19-related virus.
- Respiratory etiquette: Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw it in the trash can.
- Hand hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60%-95% alcohol.
- Environmental health action: Routinely clean frequently touched surfaces and objects.
City and county officials will share more information with the public if it becomes necessary. Specific questions about your health status should be directed to your medical provider.