There are several options available to customers who wish to automate their utility account payments.
- Automatic monthly deductions can be made with checking account information or credit/debit card information.
- Payments set up with checking account information will pay the full bill amount on each month’s due date. (This was previously known as Pre-authorized Payment / PAP.)
- Credit/debit card payments can be set up to pay a fixed amount or the full bill amount, and they can be scheduled to process on each month’s due date or on a specific day of the month that the payor indicates.
Auto Pay has several benefits, including no checks to write, no postage to pay, and the opportunity to avoid late/missed payment charges if the bill is scheduled to be paid in full on or before each month’s due date.
Customers who enroll in Auto Pay will still receive a bill each month so they can track the amount of their bills and stay up to date on any news being shared by the utility.
Steps to set up automated recurring payments with Auto Pay:
- Go to rfmu.org after you receive your first utility bill and click on the “MyAccount” link.
- Follow the instructions to set up online account access using the account number and name as shown on your utility bill.
- Once your MyAccount access is set up, go to “View/Pay Bill” and click on “Enroll in Auto Pay.”
- Complete the online Auto Pay Sign up form, paying close attention to the information regarding the timing of your first scheduled payment.
If you have any questions, please email River Falls Municipal Utilities or call at 715-425-0906.