Arriving crews found heavy fire in the garage of the home and were able to get the fire under control in less than a half hour. Crews remained on scene until 6:45 PM to extinguish hard to reach spot fires. The attached garage and a portion of the home were destroyed. The entire structure received heat and heavy smoke damage. Twenty-nine River Falls firefighters battled the blaze. Members of the Ellsworth Fire Department responded to the Fire Hall to stand by for any other calls. There were no firefighter injuries. A resident of the home was transported by River Falls Ambulance with burns to his hands. A dollar loss estimate is unavailable and the fire has been determined to be accidental, suspected to be caused from burning embers that fell from the fireplace onto a piece of furniture.